First, I got the ImageMagick Source Code via Subversion, per the instructions from http://www.imagemagick.org/script/subversion.php. Short version:
$ svn co \ https://www.imagemagick.org/subversion/ImageMagick/branches/ImageMagick-6.6.5 \ ImageMagick-6.6.5Then, I pulled libjpeg from the Independent JPEG Group. I had to extract the source code to a subdirectory of the ImageMagick directory called jpeg, i.e. /path/to/ImageMagick-6.6.5/jpeg.
Before I could compile any of the source code, I had to set three environment variables per this thread on the ImageMagick forums:
$ export CFLAGS="-isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk \ -arch ppc -arch i386" $ export CXXFLAGS="-isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk \ -arch ppc -arch i386" $ export LDFLAGS="-Wl,-syslibroot,/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk \ -arch ppc -arch i386"Then, I compiled libjpeg via the via the standard ./configure and make dance. I used these commands:
$ cd jpeg $ ./configure --prefix=/opt --disable-shared \ --disable-dependency-tracking $ make -j 16Now, I was able to configure ImageMagick:
Be aware that the LDFLAGS path is different than the include path! If everything went well, you can now go on to build the imagemagick suite:
$ ./configure --prefix=/opt --without-x --without-perl --with-jpeg \ --disable-shared --disable-dependency-tracking \ --enable-delegate-build --enable-osx-universal-binary $ make -j 16This gave me statically linked binaries of the ImageMagick tools I was able to run on my Mac. I also tried to build dynamically linked binaries but failed. Because I don't need the dynamically linked version, I gave up after a while.